A Body Loving Meditation
5 months post-partum I've found myself a little down about my body. I lost most of the baby weight almost immediately, but am still holding on to those last 5 lbs. I eat healthfully and enjoy working out, but it doesn't really matter. I have tried specialized diets and work out as much as I can, but I still have a belly such that I don't feel comfortable in a bikini (I live in Miami, so this seems more important than it may in some places) or even tight workout shirt (I don't know what I expected. I didn't have abs before babe, I don't know why I would think I would magically have abs post babe).
When I get frustrated, I try to take a step back and remember that my body just did an amazing thing. I grew a life inside of me and continue to be her life source. Then I am truly in awe of myself and it helps me come back to a place of self love and patience.
I also like to practice a body love meditation, here's how:
1. Close your eyes.
2. Focus on your breathe.
3. Thank your body for growing the baby.
4. First, thank your body for feeding the baby, staying awake to care for the baby, for holding the baby.
5. Now, visualize yourself giving your physical body a big, loving, adoring hug.
6. Take long deep breaths as you deepen this visualized hug. Squeeze yourself a little harder.
7. Continue to do so for 5 minutes.