It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want to Be
This concise, design-forward book by former Saatchi & Saatchi executive Paul Arden is an inspirational guide on how to succeed as a creative. This book has a plethora of advice that will inspire anyone towards transformation (even if you aren't trying to forge your way in the advertising industry).
- "Without having a goal it's difficult to score"
- "You must develop a complete disregard for where your abilities end."
- "Give away everything you know, and more will come back to you...if you give away everything that you have, you are left with nothing. This forces you to look, to be aware, to replenish. Somehow the more you give away the more comes back to you."
- "Find out what's right about your product or service and then dramatize it, like a cartoonist exaggerates an action."
- "Don't take no for an answer."
- "If you can prove you're right, you're set in concrete. You cannot move with the times or with other people. Being right is also being boring. Your mind is closed. You are not open to new ideas. You are rooted in your own rightness, which is arrogant."
- "It's not what you know. It's who you know."
- "Don't be afraid to work with the best."
- "To be original, seek your inspiration from unexpected sources."
- "We are all selling. We are all in advertising. It is part of life."
*this post includes affiliate links, I will make a small profit off of your purchase. I only promote products that I use myself and truly believe in.