Salmon Fried Cauliflower Rice
I've been on a mission to lose the last few post-babe pounds so have been cutting many carbs out of my diet. I recently experimented with cauliflower rice and it is SO. FREAKING. COOL. It has the same taste and texture as rice, but way fewer calories (and also probably more nutrients). In my usual busy mama style, I mish-moshed a bunch of online recipes and oversimplified them to create this super, duper easy to make (and still so delicious) fried 'rice.'
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 oz wild caught or sustainably farmed salmon
- 1/2 package of pre made cauliflower rice (many grocery stores sell this and zoodles now, or feel free to make your own).
- 1/2 bag frozen peas and carrots
- 2 eggs
- Himalayan pink salt
- Heat oven to 400°F
- place salmon on a pan, drizzle with sesame oil and place in oven
- cook for 20-ish minutes (until cooked through)
- drizzle 1 tbsp sesame oil in sauté pan, add cauliflower 'rice,' sauté on medium heat for 8-ish minutes
- add frozen peas and carrots to pan, sauté until soft
- add 2 cracked eggs to pan, mix together until fully cooked
- add cooked salmon to pan and mix for a minute or two