Homemade Almond Butter Protein Bars
I have become a little obsessed with these Bulletproof Bars, but I have a hard time finding them in my local stores and if I buy the whole box off of Amazon, I will eat the whole thing in a matter of days 😳. So, I decided to experiment a little and came up with these super easy, super yummy homemade almond butter protein bars. They take all of 5 minutes to make.
- 3 heaping spoonfuls of almond butter (I use crunchy MaraNatha Almond Butter)
- 2 heaping spoonfuls of liquid coconut oil
- 1 scoop of Garden of Life vanilla raw organic protein powder
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins collagen (I use their marine collagen, but any of the products will work)
- 1-2 drops vanilla extract
- Mix everything together so that it is a smooth liquid texture (if it's too powdery, you may need to add in more coconut oil)
- Line a small baking dish with parchment paper
- Spread the mixture evenly over the parchment paper
- Place in freezer
- Once frozen chop into snack size squares and replace in freezer
I leave these delicious homemade protein bars in the freezer so that they are on hand for when I'm in a hurry and don't have time to make food or if we're going out to dinner and I need a snack to carry me over until we head out. This whole batch has about 700 calories in it, so be mindful of that as you are devouring them.